I have a very silly tutorial to share with you today. For anyone who spent as much time as a child as I did making goofy paper crafts, this is nothing but a throwback, but for anyone who didn't, well, it's high time you learned how to make a paper hat.
2. Fold your paper in half lenghwise.
3. Start a fold along the folded edge in the other direction to find the center of your paper.
4. Going from the folded edge to the open edge, fold down two corners of your paper. (Please note that I made this hat upside-down. See how the right-side-up version of my paper is getting covered up? I didn't notice that until both my camera and the sun had been put away...)
5. Fold up the remaining paper on the open bottom edge of your hat. Repeat this on the other side, too.
6. Fold the bottom edge in on itself again to create a tidier brim.
7. I never had any luck getting a paper hat to stay on by itself, so I attached some ribbons. Luckily, paper is very easily stapled, so this step only takes an extra moment.
8. Staple your second ribbon to the other side, and tie one on!
Next up: cootie catchers, anyone?